Wow everyone, did you ever think 2020 would hit this hard? *sweats in the key of anxiety*
I’ve really been missing blogging regularly but I think, with everything going on, there wasn’t any point me talking about my own crap when so much other important stuff was happening! That being said, I’m now at the point in quarantine where I need to resume regular things and try to have a little bit of fun on the side of always feeling… well, you know!
For some reason, the part of me who is glutton for punishment wanted to speculate on the goals I’d set myself for this year and, honestly, in spite of everything it seems like I’ve kind been doing what I planned for anyway – take that, stupid COVID-19!
If you’re interested in reading a little catch up on what I’ve been doing keep reading – but if you are this far and are rolling your eyes because you’ve not done much over the last few months don’t worry. I wholeheartedly understand if you click away!
However, if you’re still here let’s get into my silly little goals list!
- Get SCNDHNDBKS off the ground – I took a break from this for a month or two because I didn’t think selling stuff was the right thing to do when the lockdown happened etc. but recently I’ve been back at it and have made some sales of late. It’s nice to have a little business on the side which gives me space to dream of a new, different life, with lovely possibilities for growth. So far I’m counting this as a win!
- Relaunch this blog as a totally vegan and sustainable living blog. I have rebranded, in a way, so that’s all fine and dandy. Posting here seemed frivolous and, honestly, with my actual job being so busy and other stuff going on I dropped it for a long time but I will tend to it a little more soon.
- Regularly blog on my author website about writing stuff. Pft. Never do this! Maybe because I feel like no one cares about my writing stuff, even though it’s kind of what I’m trying to create a career in… Never mind, eh?
- Keep walking 10k steps a day – You know what, some days I do great, and some days I don’t. I don’t often do 10k steps in the day but as long as try to do more I’m happy. Honestly walking that much when you’re in lockdown is… almost impossible? I’d have to go out and spend a lot of time wandering around and I haven’t stopped working this entire lockdown period so I literally don’t have the time! It’s cool.
- Really get back into eating better and moving my body more. I had a slump where I felt lethargic – I think that’s totally understandable, right? But over the last few weeks I’ve been getting back into light jogging at the weekend and I’m currently in the middle of a 2 week bootcamp kinda thing so I’m feeling SO much better. Learning to listen to and appreciate your body is a tough task but, after 35 years on this planet, I’m starting to get there!
- Finish my current WIP edits so I can query agents. DONE! I used some of this lockdown time wisely! HUZZAH!
- Honestly? Take it easy more. Forever taking it easy these days. I wish I could have a massage but other than that I’ve had baths, eaten lovely food, relaxing in the grass to read, played with Juno in the park… forced relax time is still relaxing! 😛
Has anyone else reviewed their goals for this year and laughed?
Let me know in the comments!!
Thanks for reading and I’ll be back with some more fun stuff in the near future – until then don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Facebook and, if you want to support my passion, buy my books!! Links are all in the sidebar!