Come on, you couldn’t expect me to put this blog post off for much longer, could you?
It’s a time honoured tradition of setting goals for the year – did you see how I got on with last years goals?
I personally love setting goals for myself but there’s been so much backlash for it this year on the old social media front. I get it; the idea of setting goals or resolutions that you might not achieve and then feel bad about isn’t for everyone but for me it’s the only way to live. I have to have things to reach for and I don’t believe in failure when it comes to maybe not completing what’s on the list. If you don’t complete something it’s generally because you didn’t actually want to do it or you didn’t have time. There are things to learn in those instances. If setting goals isn’t for you, it’s just not for you, ya know?
Anyway, let’s get on with it whilst we’re here! Last year I set quite a lot of goals and, whilst I didn’t feel like it was a struggle to fit them all in, I want this year to be a little more low key because the goals I am setting are big projects that need my full attention.
- Read way more – I read a lot last year and whilst I don’t need to set a target for this year I just know I want to keep it up!
- Write everything! – basically, I have a lot of books to edit and I’m writing a TV show at the moment so this is my whole work goal for the year. Write a lot. I’ll share all my projects in a future post!
- Play guitar more – I like playing guitar and I’ve been practicing more recently so just want to keep it up!
- Try to film videos for blog – little known fact: I love filming and editing. I used to do it a lot for fun but kind of fell out of the habit. I want to do little videos to post here. Just things like cooking, days out, hair stuff because why not?
- Blog about making stuff and books and all things I love! – sometimes the pressure to make content you think others might like, instead of making stuff you like, gets to you. I wanna just blog about everything I do for fun and not worry to much about it.
- Learn a little bit of piano – I already started messing around with our midi player but I remembered how much I love piano so gonna get a bigger keyboard soon!
- Take riding lessons – I used to ride horses when I was a kid and over the past year I’ve been yearning to get back in the saddle.
- Go to Japan – I’m saving to go this year and I’m excited!
What do you think? You setting goals or not this year?
If you want to keep up with my musings in a more visual way feel free to follow my Pinterest board for this year.